Method enabling to determine the presence or the absence of the gene of interest.
Genotyping is an important stage for the majority of breeding projects of genetically modified rodents. Entrusting genotyping of your project to JANVIER LABS enables you to:
- Use an innovative technology: genotyping is exclusively carried out by PCR in real time, an exact and sensitive method that allows to detect any transgenic mutation, knock-out or knock-in as well as SNPs.
- Reduce housing cost: the results are rapid (24-72 hours), which allows to systematically obtain them before animal weaning, to only keep animals of interest so to reduce housing costs.
- Obtain reliable results: each sample is systematically tested in duplicate in order to assure the accuracy of the result. A reference gene is also always tested in parallel for a constant DNA performance.
- Eliminate other costs: our offer for genotyping also includes the development of the PCR protocol (if required) and the transport costs for biopsies.
- Accelerate your research: you can transfer the time and the resources necessary for genotyping to your research.
- Reduce to a minimum human error: genotyping is entirely automatized allowing to guarantee precision, reliability and repeatability for each sample tested.
In short, our genotyping process enables us to obtain reliable, rapid and standardized results.
JANVIER LABS can manage the entire process (from the biopsy sample to the analysis of the data by PCR, until the importation of genotyping results into the software and the weaning only of animals of interest)
Possibility of performing the genotyping of the animals which are housed at JANVIER LABS