Catheterization can be used for injecting substances (non-vascular catheter except the bile duct catheter) or for sampling (any other type of catheter).
• Bile duct
• Stomach (injection)
• Duodenum (injection)
• Jejunum (injection)
• Ileum (injection)
• Colon (injection)
• Intra-peritoneal (injection)
• Jugular vein
• Femoral vein
• Carotid artery
• Femoral artery
Species and characteristics of the models:
- Outbred and inbred rats with a minimum weight of 200g
- Pregnant females (from day 9-10)
- Mice (jugular and non-vascular catheters : for exemple stomach).
- For other available models, please contact us.
The surgeries are performed under anesthesia with the combined use of anesthetic and analgesic (a2-adrenergic receptor agonist) drugs.
Our implanted catheters are commonly made of polyurethane or silicone (for vascular catheters only).
For vascular catheters, we primarily inject a blocking solution of PVP-heparin or heparin glucose + PVP.
Upon receipt of the animals:
• Allow only one animal per cage (use a high cage).
• Rinse catheters upon receipt than every 2nd day.
• For the double bile duct catheterization, rinse the duodenal catheter only.
The added value of JANVIER LABS?
A traceability of the operations.
Perioperative cares adapted to each type of surgery.
Optimal conditions during transport for the operated animals thanks to our in-house specialized transport department.
Protocols approved by our Ethics Committee (registered MESR n°078).
Catheterization of specific-material catheters according to your protocols
Injection of specific blocking solutions
Fixation des cathéters a l’aide de systèmesaFixing catheters using specific systems such as Vascular Access Harness (VAH) or Button tether spécifiques tels que le Vascular Access Harness (VAH) ou le button tether
Briefing on maintenance and verification of catheters
Performing surgery with a SOPF status