B6 DIO mouse
CSAL Orléans, 1993
Couleur et Génotype associée :
Performance de reproduction :
Description of our model and application areas
Get instant access to our diet-induced obese (DIO) mouse, fed a 60% high fat diet, the most widely used nutritional model of human obesity associated with hyperinsulinemia and insulin resistance.
The DIO mice also show a moderate hyperglycemia and a strong glucose intolerance.
This human-like nutritional model enables investigating the molecular mechanisms of obesity and evaluating therapeutic strategies:
• insulin resistance
• alteration of immuno-metabolism.
Main application and research fields
Download the technical sheet
Our model advantages
- Our DIO mouse replicates the human context with diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance
- Large cohorts of mice per delivery
- SOPF mice with homogenous genetic background delivered by our own animals transportation service
- Benefit from our experts’ scientific support to discuss about your project and optimize your research experiments and preclinical drugdevelopment
You may also be interested in these models
Voir tous les modèles de recherche〉