B6 DIO mouse
CSAL Orléans, 1993
Couleur et Génotype associée :
Performance de reproduction :
Description of our model and application areas
Get instant access to our diet-induced obese (DIO) mouse, fed a 60% high fat diet, the most widely used nutritional model of human obesity associated with hyperinsulinemia and insulin resistance.
The DIO mice also show a moderate hyperglycemia and a strong glucose intolerance.
This human-like nutritional model enables investigating the molecular mechanisms of obesity and evaluating therapeutic strategies:
• insulin resistance
• alteration of immuno-metabolism.
Main application and research fields
Download the technical sheet
Our model advantages
- Our DIO mouse replicates the human context with diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance
- Large cohorts of mice per delivery
- SOPF mice with homogenous genetic background delivered by our own animals transportation service
- Benefit from our experts’ scientific support to discuss about your project and optimize your research experiments and preclinical drugdevelopment
See all research models
Voir tous les modèles de recherche〉